Search This Blog

Saturday, 10 October 2020

MY LOCKDOWN DAYS

 

Hi everybody am back to blogging and today my blog is about “My Lockdown Days”

Like any other individual I was extremely excited, eager to welcome 2020 and maintain my new beautiful, positive diary of 365 pages.

Life went on normally for me from 1st Jan 2020 -18th March 2020. On 18th March 2020 like any other day I boarded the bus from Thiruvanmiyur to Vadapalani not having a slightest idea that this day would take a drastic turn in my life.

Post lunch on (18th March 2020) my company had provided me the office laptop and had asked me to work from home due to the pandemic. With all smiles I bid goodbye to my colleagues left office at 3.20 Pm assuming that I would be called back to work after a couple of months of sabbatical break. But I never knew that that day would be my last day at work.

Having left office so early I gorged on my favourite gastronomical snacks and reached home much earlier than my usual time with the happiness of not rushing to work the next day, I slept with great relaxation and woke up little later than my usual time basking on the unexpected happiness.

Initially for a few days I had little bit of official works to be done then later as days passed I had lesser or no official work to be done and I was completely free and relaxed.

Having experienced a stressful travel from Madipakkam to Vadapalani and Thiruvanmiyur to Vadapalani I was totally exhausted and was craving desperately for a break and this lockdown was indeed a lovely and a much deserved break for me. A break I can eat, sleep on time, relax well and most importantly pursue my passion for writing.

The initial few days of lockdown was spent sitting in front of the idiot box watching movies and taking a power nap after lunch. Then it struck me that there are more to be done during this time rather than wasting time in front of the idiot box.

So the first productive thing done during this lockdown was learning MS – Excel

My first motto and goal for 2020 was to settle in a good job with high salary in a professional company and I understood that in order to achieve the above strong MS –Excel knowledge is the first and the important pre requisite. I did join an institution to learn the same but due to the pandemic I was unable to continue. And I decided to put my time to good use by learning Ms Excel from you tube through a channel called “TUTORIALS POINT”.

On the  first month of 2020 I had met my very good Facebook friend Mrs. Srikala Akka in Guindy Park and akka had a discussion with me regarding her online magazine called science shore for which she wanted me to be her contributing writer. The moment akka approached me I was very happy and was eager to join akka, thanks to this lockdown I had lots of time to write varied articles to the magazine and to my blog with great zeal and enthusiasm.

MY DEAR FRIENDS MY GOLDEN MOMENTS OF LOCKDOWN ARE AS FOLLOWS

During this lockdown I had the wonderful opportunity to unleash, explore and expose my talents. And I owe a lot to social media for giving me the opportunity.

FIRST GOLDEN MOMENT DURING LOCKDOWN

Teaching Spoken Hindi:  I had no idea of how I was roped into a group in Facebook called Put me in Touch”.

I owe a lot to that group. There was a posting made by somebody about the need of a spoken Hindi Teacher. Me being very confident and fluent on the language applied for the same and started teaching spoken Hindi to adults via whatsapp video calls & google meet on chargeable basis Rs 500 per student for two hours from Monday to Friday. It was a great experience being a tutor and I felt happy and proud on the same.

I take this opportunity to extend my heartfelt thanks to my parents for encouraging me and helping me to learn Hindi.

SECOND GOLDEN MOMENT DURING LOCKDOWN

Am indebted to Facebook once again .There was an advertisement in Facebook by a radio channel called Voxit on needing a fresh voice. The advertisement was prominent enough to garner a lot of attention and me upon accidentally noticing the advertisement immediately applied for the same and after a few rounds of audition I was selected to be an RJ and was proudly hosting a show called

“Vanga Pesalam”. Where I would discuss varied topics with my audiences. Though I was not paid I had a great mental satisfaction every time I did the show.

It was an amazing experience of being an RJ and I was much complimented and appreciated for the below

My hard work and perseverance

My voice quality

Creation of my scripts

It was during that time I realized that I can not only be an RJ but also a script writer.

THIRD GOLDEN MOMENT DURING LOCKDOWN

I had always wanted to be a content writer but due to time constraints and having no clue on how to approach on the same I confined myself to blogging and during this lockdown I had the opportunity to become a content writer and I had given the contents for the websites below

ATOM PHOTOGRAPHY – WEDDING PHOTOGRPAHY WEBSITE

I had penned down a detailed write up about the pre wedding and post wedding rituals conducted in a Tamil Brahmin wedding

It was an awesome experience on being a content writer. I was paid only RS 250 was for the same it was not the amount that mattered to me it was the recognition and happiness that meant a lot to me.

ELIXIR ENERGIES WEBSITE

I had provided the entire content about solar panels for the website 

It was during this time when my passion met profit. Every time when I knew about the lockdown extension my heart would secretly jump with joy as I would get more time to accomplish lot of things.

Out of all the golden moments mentioned my best and eternal golden moment in this lockdown was receiving a brand new “Asus Laptop “as a gift from my parents.

It was during this lockdown I had understood the below

1)    Nobody is born talented, people are made. Each and every human being in this world are talented it is we who should take the much needed step and effort to search, unleash and expose our talents. It is undoubtedly very challenging initially but when you put your heart and soul on the same you are surely unstoppable and you are sure to achieve much beyond your expectations.

 

2)    Time is non-refundable and it is more than the word precious there are lots of things that can be achieved when you invest the right amount of time.

 

 

 

No comments:

FOOD WASTAGE

 Food is one of the most fundamental needs of all living beings on earth. Be it animals, plants or human beings food is very essential. But ...