Out of all the seven days in a week Sunday is my favorite day. I feel great josh, happiness, excitement right from Saturday morning as the next day is my favorite. My Sundays are generally spent discussing casual or important matters with my beloved family followed by a delectable lunch where potatoes and Appalam are mandatory and every morsel of food is chewed with great relaxation, pleasure and happiness.
The lunch is then followed by a power nap for an hour or two and waking up to the strong energizing aroma of South Indian filter coffee and some snacks either homemade or store bought. And the rest of my evenings are spent either reading books, blogging or watching movies.
And this Sunday (7th July 2018) was spent differently by
watching two blockbuster movies back to back, which had been on my bucket list to watch. And those movies are mentioned below
2) Nadigayar Thilagam
SANJU : The biopic of the actor Mr. Sanjay Dutt - An actor who in every household is known as a terrorist, drug addict, womanizer and what not. Out of all the movies released during that period I was very particular on watching Sanju .In spite of all of the criticism and opposition received I paid deaf ears for the same and proceeded further to watch the movie. Initially like others I hated Mr.Sanjay Dutt a lot and had a very bad opinion on him but...
Very soon the day arrived to and I reached the theatre well in advance and was seated comfortably on the plush seats and was engrossed on watching the movie. The movie had not only portrayed the ugly, bitter, pathetic life of the controversial actor, but had also explained the media's successful exaggeration of branding the actor as a terrorist which he was actually not.
Mr.Ranbir Kapoor an amazing actor has carried off his role very well and has done very good justice to the role with varied emotions and with sheer grace and charm.
Sanju a lovely movie which I would watch over and over again. It was the first non SRK movie which had brought tears in my eyes after I left the theatre . Sanju was the first movie of Ranbir Kapoor I have seen and that was the best .
After the movie was over I walked out of the theatre with eyes full of tears and decided to take a sip of my energy drink ( A steaming hot cup of coffee) to relax and ease myself and was walking towards the Cafe Coffee day outlet in PVR grand mall Velachery and that's when my phone buzzed with a message from home which lifted me up and made me feel extremely relaxed , happy . It was a message from home to come and get ready early as we had decided to watch the biopic of the legendary actress Ms. Savithri Ganeshan. , The strikingly beautiful heroine . Ms. Keerthi Suresh had essayed the role of actress Savithri Ganeshan.
The moment I read the message my heart jumped with joy I immediately cancelled my coffee plan and hurriedly ran from the mall and boarded an auto to go home. I reached home within a few minutes and after a quick refreshment was all geared up to watch my yet another favourite movie.
NADIGAYAR THILAGAM : The movie where the late actor's personal & professional life was unveiled on screen.The movie had not only revealed the genius side of the actress but also her failed unsuccessful love affair with late actor Mr. Gemini Ganeshan .
Ms. Keerthy Suresh who had previously worked mostly in commercial films had performed very well in this movie and this has been her best performance till date. She had literally lived the role at certain points in the film.
Dulquer salman had stolen the show and his grace, charm was enough for young girls to go gaga over him he has made perfect justice to the role by aptly fitting himself to the role of " Kadhal Mannan" .
On the whole the director Mr. Nag Ashwin has done a excellent job in choosing the perfect cast for the film( way to go Nags!)
Thus Sanju & Nadigayar Thilagam just made my day and are surely worth watching umpteen times. Upon watching the above mentioned movies . My sunday took a lovely turn from my usual routine and it was indeed one of the best sundays I have ever had. Both of the above mentioned movies are par excellence in their own unique way.
Best Biopics watched till date are as follows
1) Sanju
2) Nadigayar Thilagam
3) The Dirty Picture.
Thank You
2 comments:
Few typing and grammatical mistakes
Enjoyed reading. Keep writing ! All the best.- Srikala
Post a Comment